Thursday, August 9, 2012

Favorite Concepts!

There are so many concepts and theories I have enjoyed learning about this summer that it's hard to pick just a few. Although the concepts that first come to mind are nonverbal communication, the social constructionist model and the way men and women use different language. 
I found nonverbal communication to be extremely useful and diverse. I find myself interpreting and noticing others body language and positions just as much as their words. Big Brother on CBS is one of my favorite shows and I constantly critique their nonverbal communication because while their lips moves and lies pour out, their facial expressions and body language give them away. 
The other concept, social constructionist model I enjoyed learning about as well. The ability to create worlds within worlds within the entire world is humorous and clever of ourselves. We have a world in our home, with our friends, at our jobs, school, community, etc. we literally live in a world made up of worlds we create and maintain. And to think something so important in my world could mean nothing to someone else's.
Lastly, the way men and women communicate with different language is also interesting and very true. It's funny because it seems girls are always the one's gossiping and dissecting the verbal dialog while the men just hang out and watch sports. I think this concepts ties in to the nonverbal communication theories because while women express with so many words I think men give away a lot of clues to their feelings through nonverbal cues. While men could careless who wore what to some party women enjoy critiquing and commenting. I don't think the conversations are useless they are just different. It's fun to compare and I feel important to have some kind of understanding of both types of language.

No comments:

Post a Comment